What you need to know
Honeywell believes Futureshapers thrive when given the opportunity to take ownership not only over the work they do, but how they do it. Honeywell realizes it is a big part of their employees’ and their families’ lives, and recognizes that time away is critical for rest and relaxation and to help you be the best YOU.
We offer exempt employees as much time away from the office as they need, partnering with their manager to ensure all commitments continue to be met for our customers, investors and employees. For our nonexempt employees, we offer competitive vacation allotments, earned monthly, that can be used at any time.
In addition to our generous vacation offerings, Honeywell has 12 paid holidays each year, when our offices are closed. Seven are shared among our many sites, and the other five are decided locally, accounting for business and community needs. Visit HR Direct to see your holiday calendar.
The seven shared holidays are:
- New Year's Day (or a designated Friday or Monday if it falls on a weekend)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (or a designated Friday or Monday if it falls on a weekend)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day (or a designated Friday or Monday if it falls on a weekend)
Leaves of absence
Family and medical leaves
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) of 1993, is a federal law requiring employers to provide unpaid, protected leave for eligible absences for up to 12 weeks in a rolling 12 month period. When you return from leave, you will be reinstated to your original or equivalent position with no loss of seniority or benefits. This leave is appropriate when you need to take time off for your own serious health condition, to help a family member with their serious health condition, or for bonding time with a child after birth, adoption or foster care. In addition, FMLA provides up to 26 weeks to care for a covered armed services member.
To be eligible for FMLA, you must:
- Have worked for Honeywell for at least 12 months
- Have worked at least 1,250 hours in the last 12 months
- Work in the U.S
You must apply for FMLA at least 30 days before the foreseeable leave, and the leave will run concurrently with any other related leave, such as STD or state disability.
This is the only leave that can be taken intermittently. If you have an ongoing condition that requires intermittent leave, you can apply for this with the Honeywell Leave and Disability administrator, New York Life. It is important that you keep track of your time off and report it to the administrator.
If both you and your spouse work at Honeywell and are eligible for FMLA, the leave is limited to a combined total of 12 weeks during a rolling 12-month period.
Short-term and long-term disability leaves
If you cannot work due to an approved non-work-related illness or injury, we provide short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) leaves.
- An employee must be out for 7 consecutive calendar days due to a qualifying injury or illness to be considered eligible for STD. The leave can continue for up to 26 weeks. To file an STD claim, visit the leave administrator’s website, or call HR Help at 877-258-3699 and choose option 6.
- An LTD leave begins after you are disabled for 26 weeks and can continue until you turn 65. In most cases, you do not need to file an LTD claim; the STD claim manager will begin the process for you.
Learn more about the benefits received during disability leaves.
You may also want to review the Medical Leave of Absence Policy.
To request a military leave of absence, you must provide the following documentation 30 days before the leave:
- Copy of your military orders
- Copy of your leave earnings statement (LES) from the military
Send the request, required documentation, and any questions through HR Help.
Additional information can be found in the Military Leave Policy.
You may also call 877-258-3699.